Tuesday, January 29, 2013

the one where I talk about my dog.

Funny Baby Ecard: Yes, my dogs are my children. Yes, I'm going to talk about them as much as you talk about your kids. GET OVER IT.


 It seems like yesterday that I was a Junior in college at Ole Miss and my parents were begging me NOT to get a fur baby to take care of. Blah, blah. I was going to do it my way or the highway. 
{*I will admit that they were right. A dog was/is a HUGE responsibility that I wasn't ready for but.. I NEVER regret getting that furry girl.}

The ABC's of Harper.

A is for age. I'm 3 and a half years old. No birthday has beat my first birthday where I had a party, cookies, and present. I might need that to happen again this year.

B is for barking. I am very observant and I will bark as soon as I hear you driving up. Remember that and fear the beast!

C is for curly hair. Contrary to most Maltese, my hair is curly and kinky. After my first bath with my new family, my hair went to this and hasn't changed. :)

D is for dancing. Even though I am a dog, I have been videoed dancing before. My Uncle A and Mama thought it would be cute. They are some weird humans!

E is for Easy-going. My mama is at school all day so I sleep at least 18 hours. Don't wake me up, I like my routine. 

F is for furry. This sweet baby has way too much fur. Her mama is too broke for a haircut as often as some would like.


G is for goofy. Harper loves to show her pretty smile. She gets goofy/weird on a drive somewhere! She isn't the best traveler.

H is for hot dog. She loves dressing up as if you can't tell. I'll be sure and show you what she decides to be next year.


I is for indecisive. Sometimes it takes her a while to decide where to use the bathroom, what to eat for supper and what she should become when she grows up! :)

J is for junk food. Harper got this bad habit from her mama. She would rather have chicken than dog food. We've got to work on this.

K is for kids. She was never given this option. Sad day, she would have had some beautiful pups.

L if for love. Harper has brought my family so much love! She's been a handful but we all love her to pieces.

M is for money. Goodness knows, she has cost enough money. From vet bills to meds, she is worth the $10,000 I've spent though. {Just a guess, don't get your panties in a wad}

N is for news. Harper was on the WCBI News one time for a pet of the week/day/something. Thanks to Will Simmons!

O is for Okra. Maybe one kind of food that Harper doesn't eat.

P is for priceless. I will always have priceless memories of this pup like.... pooping every time we walk in the vet's office, chewing up phone chargers, and a happy memory-- keeping me company for all these years.

Q is for quotes that I hear all the time. "Harper, let's go.", or "Here Harpsie, want a treat?".

R is for rain. "I don't love my paws getting wet so don't think about taking me out in it."

S is for Snow. "Same thing here, except it was kind of fun." We had our first big snow in Oxford. Harper loved it! :)

T is for Turkey. I love Thanksgiving because my humans feel bad for me and give me lots of leftover turkey. 

U is for University of Mississippi- My mama says, " Go Rebs" a lot so I guess that's a good thing."

V is for veal. No hunting for deer, here. I think I'm a girly dog and I must stay inside. 

W is for white. It's hard to keep clean but oh so pretty!

X is for x-ray. None taken so far. So happy. I don't like shots, doctors, those sorts of things.

Y is for Young. She is still in her prime and we are hoping for many more years with her.

Z is for Zeal. Harper is full of life and I couldn't love another like her. She is calm, cool and collected and I'm thankful that she is in my world.
Love you Harper baby. 
I'm getting off the computer now.

8 comments:

Laura Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

Lauren, my pups are my children too! They are the best. Such a cute post.

SHF Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

This is such a fun post! Your dog is adorable, by the way!

SHF
thechroniclesofs.blogspot.com

Joy Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

Love this! And yes, fur babies are children, too!

Sarah Beth Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

this is perfect! such a sweet child you have!

Jamie Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

omgosh she is sooo cute! I love this post! (And I love her hotdog costume!!) :D

Jamie
Forever81

LB @ Walking in Memphis in High Heels Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

Oh my goodness that puppy picture!!! So cute! Now no want to pull out my Yorkies puppy pics lol.

Helene Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

BIG fan of dog posts! dogs are just the best. my fave s m is for money, dont i know that one all too well!
Helene in Between

Brhea {noplacelykehome.com} Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates [Reply]

Absolutely adorable. The hot dog suit slayed me. Maybe she can be cyber friends with my puppy Penelope :)